6/17/2014

The Mighty Mississippi

I've already shared my feelings for this grand waterway.  It's muddy and ugly but it's powerful and has such a history.  The largest body of water I've ever lived near is a drainage ditch.  I always wonder what it would be like to live near a big body of water, day in and day out.  Living in such a place must form those who live there in a different way than those of us who live land-locked.  Duh, right?  Anyway, it makes the dreamer in me start to wonder what it must mean to have the energy of moving water available on a daily basis.  Maybe my spirit is too sensitive to handle that much exposure.  Maybe it takes a special spirit to either be more immune to the power of that energy or be able to handle it.  In any case, here's our time spent looking at the Mighty Mississippi.  Roll on, river, roll on.
Auntie Amber with Jose.
Armando "Tom Sawyer" Guevara







One last pic from the river bank
Anna and Amber
Huck Finn and Tom Sawyee


No comments:

Post a Comment