6/21/2014

New Orleans - Almost Slidell

After an afternoon in the Quarter, we headed for the motel for the night.  We were a little dismayed when we drove up but, all in all, it was a good motel true to their statement.

















Dinner wasn’t of the same caliber as lunch had been but it was fresh and hot and welcomed by all.

Watching this episode of Star Trek in the motel, I've got to wonder how this man came to wear this outfit.  I mean, it's silver lame with lace and a necklace, for goodness' sake.  Several scenarios come to mind.  The designer is secretly outing this guy.  This is payback from a gay designer who was slighted by this he-man type.  Someone had a bet that they could get a man in drag on a Star Trek episode in the 70s.  Any ideas?

After a good night’s rest, we were ready to set out for breakfast the next morning on Father’s Day 2014.  GPS directed us to a Shoney’s in Slidell (that’s sly-DELL, Siri).  Arrival at destination 20 minutes later revealed a sign that said it was closed for remodeling.  A quick call to the local Cracker Barrel and we found that they only had a 15-minute wait even on Father’s Day.  A 5-minute drive proved they were lying as we saw the line extending out into the parking lot.  What to do, what to do.  Trusty modern technology found The Big Easy Diner another 5 minutes away with no wait if we hurried up.


Most people show you their plates full of the food but I was so hungry by the time we found a restaurant that was open and could seat us that I didn’t have time to take a picture of it.  You’ll have to take my word for the presentation.  I think you can see by the way I decimated this plate that it was good food.  Yep, 2 eggs over easy, crispy corned beef hash patties, creamy Southern grits like I’ve never tasted before and a biscuit worthy of my grandmother’s reputation.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment